- Evidence is the data, analysis and information that should underpin every 3CSelling conversation and proposal.
- Evidence balances the necessary emotional engagement.
- Together, evidence and emotion will enable customers to have the confidence to proceed.
- Far too much selling is based merely on enthusiasm and hopes, both from buyers and especially from salespeople. By contrast, 3CSelling puts evidence at the heart of our compelling proposals.
- The bigger the opportunity or sale, the more likely that somebody with a professional financial, legal or scientific background will need to see the evidence.
- The more compelling the evidence, the more compelling will be our proposals.
- Every conversation – We should put the need for evidence from all stakeholders at the heart of every 3CSelling conversation.
- Seek evidence from customers – We can query significant assertions made by customers and seek evidence.
- One of the best questions is to ask how this particular evidence is changing over time; getting worse, better or staying the same? What does the data say?
- What evidence do we have? We need credible evidence to support every key claim about our products and services.
- ROI Evidence – We should seek always to present credible evidence to prove the ROI (Return on Investment) about the budgets that we are proposing.
- Need support for non-standard terms? If we need to convince colleagues about non-standard terms in our proposal, we need the supporting evidence.